11/9/08

Is Walking The Answer?

This might be controversial but it is really not intended to be. In my opinion walking does not do a lot of good for weight loss!

Now don't get me wrong it does have more benefits than sitting on the coach eating potato chips or Cheetos. It is better than going to a restaurant, that will remain nameless, where the average calorie count is over 1000 bad calories per plate. If you have not done any exercise it is going to have benefits, and I recommend actually starting slowly with walking, swimming, or other light cardiovascular activities.

On the other hand, I will have people that say they walk and I think that is great. But the question is this, "how is what you are doing working for you?" If it is not working for you, then you should change plans. Your goals should be in line with what you want to accomplish. For example, I watch people change their bodies completely at the gym while others remain exactly the same from doing light cardio. Now if your goal is to maintain then this is great but if you want to lose fat and get more fit; please change it up!

Fitness is for you,

Jeremy

No comments: