12/14/08

Can You Do To Much Cardio?

So I was in the club today and someone said "I lost 15lbs in 2 weeks" 

This seems awesome and trust me I want to be happy for him.

But I have seen this over and over again.

I am worried for him.

People lose weight to fast by doing something excessive and gain all the weight back and more.

Ask yourself these questions:

How much muscle did he lose?

Is his metabolism faster?

Can he maintain this forever?

What is the key to long term weight loss?

And after I said "you might be doing too much cardio"

He said "you can NEVER do to much cardio!"

I could not believe what I was hearing. 

I truly felt said and disappointed for this person.

Why?  Because we had discussed in detail the 

SOLUTION FOR LONG TERM WEIGHT LOSS!

WHAT IS THE TRUTH?

The truth is most people do way to much cardio and not enough strength training.

The truth is most people are in the gym way to long and never see results.

The truth is cardio is NOT the key to long term weight loss.

Trying to lose weight through cardio alone leads to failure.

I am not saying cardio is not important but I am saying that it is overused.

Jeremy Belter



No comments: