12/14/08

About Me

Normally I do my best to write about you but today I am going to talk about myself.  I want you (the reader) to get to know me on a more personal level.  

Currently, I am a fitness professional and fitness expert in New Berlin, Wisconsin but more about that in a bit.

I grew up in rural Minnesota about 15 minutes outside of Winona, Minnesota in a township that does not exist on any maps.... at least that I know about.  If you really want to know it is called Wilson, Minnesota and I bet you will be unable to find a census on this tiny place that does not exist on most if not all maps.  

My parents were and still are blue collar workers.  Hard workers living the rural Minnesota life and both worked hard to raise me the best they knew how.  Throughout my childhood my focus was on SPORTS.  I played baseball first (my first love) and basketball which ended up consuming my life in a positve way I guess.  Literally, I would shoot baskets in -10 degree weather.  I never gave up and I maximized my potential.  A discipline I am doing my best at incorporating into my currentl fitness business.  I want to thank all of my school coaches for helping me learn what it takes to be successful with life.  Most importantly for the relationships we have built.  THANK YOU

My basketball skills brought me to Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Wisconsin Lutheran College) where I developed a love for this city, made new and lifelong friends, and just felt at home.  It took a year or so but that would have happened anywhere, I think.  By my Junior year I started playing baseball again.  I had pretty good success considering I had not played for a few years.  In fact, I almost broke an NCAA record.  

After college I had trouble finding my passion but once I got started with fitness I realized where I wanted to be.  Fitness is my calling and helping people learn the TRUTH.  There is so much fiction out there and I truly want you to know the truth.  I will never give up with my message that you can get fit in less time and for less money with the right help.  Fad dieting, quick solutions, magic solutions, super easy results, and tons of cardio are not the truth for long term weight loss.  

When I first started in fitness, I made well below the poverty level.  YES I made very little money through fitness.  But I knew I had a passion for it and I knew that I was very good at it.I worked for companies and at one point I was training about 50-80 sessions per week and was doing ok financially but not mentally.  I love what I do but 50-80 sessions per week is not a career.  Finally, I started my own company, my own vision, and truly wanted to help more people and this was the only way how.  

Here are some concepts important to me

God
Family
Friends
Clients
Health
Vitality
Passion
Truth
Teamwork
America
Philanthropy
Kindness 

I hope that this has helped you get to know me better.  

Thanks,

Jeremy Belter


No comments: